Sunday, May 13, 2012

Just some thoughts

So it's been a while since I've posted so I'm going to update. It's been a few months now and I wanted to update you on the "not focusing on marriage, but living victoriously in Christ everyday." I can't even begin to describe how freeing it has been. I look back and I see how utterly naive and selfish that thought was. I've been listening to Crazy Love by Francis Chan (Audio version while I walk read by Francis Chan) and he mentions that we are deluded if we think that this life is about us in any way. We kind of have this mentality that we are the star of our movie and that everything therefore revolves around us. No wonder we are selfish generation.

For the longest time I believe that somewhere in the back of my head, filed under "do not admit under any circumstances," was a thought that my purpose in life was this EPIC marriage...where God would display himself. I don't doubt that he can and might do that, but to think that was why I was put here...that my whole life centered on one event. It's preposterous. All I know is that my entire life is to be a reflection of the one who has claimed me. Who bought me out of my slavery and redeemed me. Being rid of the all-consuming need to find my mate has opened so many doors and possibilities.

The last couple of weeks God has been hammering this verse into my brain... "Then he said to me,"My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly in my weaknesses, SO THAT the POWER OF CHRIST may rest upon me. For the sake of Christ then I am CONTENT with weaknesses, insults, hardships, persecutions, and calamities. For when I am weak, then I am strong." 2Corinthians 12:9-10

This verse is soooo powerful. It requires nothing of us...but our weaknesses. Which, I'll just be honest, are many and varied. All that is needed is his grace. How cool is it that CHRIST'S POWER rests on us?

Be encouraged that God's grace is SUFFICIENT for you for today. That he has given you exactly what you need for today and will do the same tomorrow and the next day...but today is your reality. Walk in the confidence of your weaknesses and allow God to make you strong. So for the days that it all comes crashing back in...all the things you've been working on and trying to do better in. All the times you mess it all up, all the insecurities and stresses, "MY grace is SUFFICIENT FOR YOU."

No comments:

Post a Comment